Monday 25 January 2010

Carriers (Infectados)

I watched this film last weekend. It was a rather pleasant surprise to me. I had not read any critics about it, I just recalled having seen some trailer somewhere when it was released that made me add it to my list of medium priority films to watch some day.

I was expecting the more or less typical apocalyptic film where some sort of infection is wiping humanity from the face of the Earth, turning humans into horrific zombies and giving us a good dose of action and violence... So yes, I was thinking more in something like "28 (days-weeks) later", "Resident Evil" or even "Hills have eyes", films, all of them, that I rather like.

The thing is that I was rather mistaken about the plot. Humanity is on the verge of extinction for some unknown infectious disease, but there are no zombies anywhere, people just get infected, deteriorate and die, without entering in any blood thirsty, violent zombie state. So, we have a pandemic situation that is the basis for a drama in which the 4 main characters will confront us with the pain of losing your loved ones, taking very harsh decisions, trust and mistrust, pursuing a very distant hope, and, in the end, loneliness.
I don't like giving a numeric rate to things cause I think my ratings would fluctuate too much from one moment to another, so I just will say that this is a must-see film.

No comments:

Post a Comment