Tuesday 21 December 2010

Fratricidal wars

Months ago I mentioned in a previous entry a photojournalism exhibition held in my town back in 1997 and that had a great impact on me, "Guerras Fraticidas" (Fratricidal Wars).

This exhibition was organized by "la Caixa" foundation which also sponsors other itinerant exhibitions (I can remember a few of them like: the origin of talk in humans, science in Al Andalus, the first human settlements...) that every year go over Spain to try to raise the interest of the population of a land were culture and science seem to have been excluded from normal life for decades (sports, gossip, Big Brother crap, bull fighting... that seems to be what TV channels and city councils understand as "culture for the people").

You could find there pictures and texts regarding the most cruels of all wars, those wars were neighbors kill neighbors, families get divided between opposite sides, and chance for revenge and profit are more present than ever... civil wars. Ulster, Cyprus (until then I was unaware that the island was split between the Turkish north and the Greek south, Yugoslav wars, Lebanon... were some of the tragedies depicted there.

Yesterday, while trying to do some clean up at home to make room for new gadgets, I found the leaflet of the exhibition, and I thought it deserved to be "scanned" (indeed, I don't have a scanner, so just some blurry pics) and shared here. It's a pity that it's not in English.

front:

leaflet front

content 1:

leaflet content 1

content 2:

leaflet content 2

back:

leaflet back

No comments:

Post a Comment