Saturday 6 August 2011

Centurion

The last work by the almighty Neil Marshall is, as one could expect, another masterpiece.
From my review of The Descent 2, it's clear that I love both installments of The Descent.
As for Doomsday, I've been about to write a review several times, but in the end I've never got to it, the thing is that is an amazing film drawing from different excellent influences, though maybe it's a too crazy mix at times and probably I would have dismissed a few parts.

Centurion will keep you stuck to your screen for 90 minutes. The story is pretty interesting, more if like me you're pretty interested in history, early inhabitants of Europe, the Atlantic Arc...
It wisely uses one of the possible explanations to the disappearance of the Roman Ninth Legion as background for a story of escape, revenge and survival. If you add to it the stunning Scottish landscapes, the Picts (the misterious ancestors of the Scottish people that were able to put to halt the (until then) unstoppable advance of the Roman empire (not even my ancestors had managed to stop them), and the captivating beauty of Olga Kurylenko you have a sure winner.

The general feeling can seem similar to Van Diemens Land or even Valhalla Rising, but I prefer Centurion over these films.

Well, I think I need some sleep, so nothing more to write here, just watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment