Saturday 17 March 2012

The Secret in Their Eyes

I'm rather sleepy so don't feel much like posting anything now, but I've just finished watching this outstanding film and I feel obliged to pay it tribute with a recommendation here

This Oscar winning Argentinian film has really caught me by surprise. I had read some very good reviews, but frankly, I didn't expect so much. I've watched some pretty good Spanish thrillers and dramas, but honestly, I hardly remember having watched any Argentinian film. Though classified as a Crime-Thriller, there's much more to it than that. Yes, the plot revolves around a terrible crime and how over the years the characters involved strive to solve it, but the really interesting thing is how this crime shaped their lives, either ruining them or pouring some more desolation on them or just preventing them from taking the right turn leading them to happiness. In the end, getting to grips with this mystery will exorcise their fears and bring them the strength to start a new path, far away from their empty lives.

To sum up, a slow paced film with a high emotional dose (or maybe it's just that with thirty-something one already has a good bunch of marks in his past that could have used as turning points but for some reason didn't... that all these stories about letting opportunities go by exert a higher effect in me) that I absolutely recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment