Saturday 19 July 2014

Unfamous Resistenza

Over the last months I've come across in multiple occasions (quite normal, as they are all over Toulouse) with some nice stickers with a cool drawing and reading Unfamous Resistenza, something like this:

Given that many times these stickers can be found next to left wing stickers, which fortunately are very common here (NPA, Front de Gauche, all sort of Antifa designs...) I was expecting there could be something interesting behind them. Today I've finally done a search to see what this all was about, coming across with something pretty good. Unfamous Resistenza is a French collective of cultural activists, focusing on ethical and conscious works.

Just having a fast look around their site I've found 2 really interesting interviews, this one to Gutter, a Toulouse based Street Artist with a very dark and gloomy style, and this one to Dark Taz, an excellent photographer focused on Urban Exploration and Beauty in Dereliction.

I think I'll be spending some hours in their site in the next days and become a regular visitor. The fact of being in French is not putting me off, on one side, my French reading skills are slowly improving (reading Metro, 20 Minutes and Direct Matin every morning in the tram helps a bit :-), and on the other side, I want to force me to continue to read French materials. I joked some weeks ago with one friend that one of my aspirations in life is having enough French skills to be able to sit on a Parisian or Toulousain terrace enjoying a Café Noisette (coffee in France is occasionally pretty good, even slightly reminding me the unbeatable Portuguese coffee) while reading "Le Monde Diplomatique".

No comments:

Post a Comment