Monday 23 April 2018

Converted Idiot

I have a particular disdain for those that coming from a non-Muslim background (their families are not Muslim and the society where they live is not mostly Muslim) decide on their own accord to convert to Islam. One thing is that you are indoctrinated into it since birth, and another thing is that you decide to freely plunge into it. Choosing to be a slave and lock your chains... Europeans that convert to Islam have a tendency to embrace the worst parts of Islam and adhere to the Salafist/Fundamentalist crap. For me authorities should do a close follow-up of anyone converting to Islam in Europe.

On the other side I hate far-right, racist, xenophobic, ultra-nationalist scum. While I think that some of the political parties that the mainstream media classify as far-right are not really far-right (I don't like the French Front National, but honestly I would not say that they are a bunch of neo-nazis), AfD (Alternative fur Deutschland) falls into the real far-right side for me. Their only good thing, their anti-Islamisation stance, does not make up for all the xenophobic and ethnic nationalist views shown by many of their high level members.

One could think that the only point where AfD militants and Muslims could converge is in a street fight, but to my astonishment I've just found about one pretty vocal AfD member that has converted to Islam!. You can also watch this video.

Maybe someone could think that this is not so odd, as the good relations between Nazi Germany and Islamists are well known. Hitler was a supporter of Hassan al-Banna and the Muslim Brotherhood, and had Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, as guest in Berlin for several years. One huge SS division, SS Handschar, was made up mainly by Muslims, and Himmler had a fascination for Islam and for how it created "fearless soldiers". Well, I guess many far-right idiots can be OK with Islam as long as it stays in "lands of Islamic culture" (I mean, areas where it has been dominant for centuries), but when an "European aboriginal", living in Europe converts to Islam, it would sound as an act of treason. For me it's an act of stupidity. I would happily embrace a culture more advanced than that of my ancestors, but embracing a Middle Age ideology... no way.

Well, it seems the guy finds that Christianity has turned too open and liberal (it no longer burns gays in the stake!), while Islam represents the conservative moral values that he likes. Nice... It remains me of when Conservative Christian groups and Muslims joined together in France some years ago to protest against Gay marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment