Sunday 8 January 2012

The Whistleblower

The Whistleblower is such a good film that I hardly know what to write. There's a good bunch of films dealing with the terrible fact of human trafficking (specifically Eastern European women forced into sexual slavery in Western Europe) but this is one of the most compelling I've seen. Sure that knowing it's sadly based on real events make it quite more tough (thought I think it didn't leave such an impression on me as the shockingLilja Forever)

Human trafficking and sex slavery is one of the most miserable crimes that I can think of. While I firmly believe that the exchange of money for sex should be regarded as one more economic transaction (if we leave religious dogmas aside, I don't see any difference between buying food, buying sex or buying software... the problem is when the seller is being forced to sell), I think that anyone involved in human trafficking should have his genitals cut off in a public square and left bleed to death. But this terrible crime is even worst when it's perpetrated by those ("humanitarian" forces) that are supposed to bring law and keep peace in an already devastated place. Members of a military contractor (DynCorp) and local corrupt police officers enslaving and taking prey on young women trafficked into post-war Bosnia, and the UN trying to cover all the fucking mess... well, sounds harsh, doesn't it? What's even more revolting of all this is that I knew hardly a word about this, and well, we could say that I'm a rather social conscious person... so I guess 99% of the population knew nothing about all this shit.

Well, if after reading the paragraphs above you don't feel like downloading and staying glued to the screen with your mouth wide open for the almost 2 hours of emotional action of this film, I think your mind lives in a different planetary system from mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment