Saturday 19 December 2015

YellowKorner

I think YellowKorner is an absolutely amazing place for anyone that is into photography, or just into beauty. I first came across one store of this publisher of Artistic Photography here in Toulouse and I was just delighted by the exquisite pieces of photography that I found there. In a city that sports a pretty good offer of Museums and galleries, YellowKorner ranks at the highest position in my podium of cultural references.

Talking about the art centres of "ma ville", Toulouse features one of the oldest public places in the world dedicated to photography, Le château d’eau. They usually have on display 2 different exhibitions for around 2 months. So far I've been in some of these exhibitions and they were OK, but not particularly interesting. However, this spring I attended to a really good one taking place in the cute, imposing (the exterior is rather reminiscent of Albi's Sainte Cécile) and just revamped Couvent des Jacobins. It was a selection of works in the château d’eau collection, intendend to celebrate its 40th anniversary, and some of the pieces were really remarkable.

Over time, I've come across YellowKorner branches in many other French cities: Paris, Montpellier, Aix en Provence... and today checking their web site I've found that they have shops in many other countres, even in Asia. I really recommend you to take a look at their list of locations, so that next time you visit a city hosting one, you don't miss to pay a visit. The works on sale change enough to make it well worth to pay a visit to a YellowKorner establishment at least once every 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment