Sunday 23 July 2023

Lost Kidz (aka OEGP kidz)

If you've read this post you should already know my devotion/obsession for One Eyed God Prophecy (and Uranus). In this later post I talked about what seemed to me the most OEGP similar band that I had managed to find til that day, the excellent German band Arsen. Every now and then I do some web search for "One Eyed God Prophecy similar bands" with hope of coming up with a new band or an old one unknown to me that someone relates to OEGP, and recently I've nailed it!!!

Somehow I ended up in this post providing some information about OEGP and discovering to me a band, Lost Kidz from their same mid-sized Quebecois town, Serbrooke formed a few years later. Being from the same town and sounding pretty similar to OEGP (which is not easy at all) the blog author initially thought that it was a continuation or at least featured some OEGP members, but no, it just was a band profoundly influenced by them.

Lost Kidz just released a DIY CD (apparently in 2003) that you can download from the link to mega.nz in that post. It's an excellent record, dark, emotional and very aggressive, close to that unique sound created by OEGP (but not so magical). You won't find the acoustic passages found in OEGP and there are no moments as violent as the most violent ones in OEGP, but the emotional heavy darkness is well there. They have a few parts with dual vocals with one of them slightly more on the growling than on the screaming sprectrum, which feels pretty nice. The best track for me is the last one, "Soumission librement consentie", a beautiful title for a gorgeous song. A great plus is that 4 of the 5 songs are in French rather than in English (Vive le Quebec Libre!!! :-) dealing with nationalism, consumerism, Mother Earth and self liberation. Additionally I quite like the simple layout. Some raw "existentialist" drawings much in the vein of many 90's screamo records. "Je suis perdu comme jamais nul ne le fut!" (I'm lost as nobody ever was!). Enjoy the darkness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment