Monday 24 September 2012

Some Good Films

There are some pretty good films that I've watched recently but for which I haven't felt like writing a complete review, though I thought I could list them here as sort of a tribute and in case someone reads this and feels like trying.
  • The Grey. Well, Unknown and Taken (by the way, I can't wait to grab my hands on Taken 2) have made me a huge fan of Liam Neeson. His role here is not much different, he plays a hard, good man with a troubling existence that suddenly will be confronted with a desperate situation from which he'll to escape using all his many resources.
  • The Monitor This Scandinavian film makes a cold spell descend upon you. Noomi Rapace's performance is outstanding, playing a woman in a rather hard situation. I guess I've got a weakness for (on screen) strong women drawn into a nightmare that makes them apparently fragile (both physically and mentally)... something similar to Naomi Watts in 21 Grams.
  • Red Lights Quite a brilliant film. The plot is pretty good, the development is excellent, keeping you hooked until the last minute, and the final twist is one of the best options they could have come up with. De Niro's performance is masterly, how far would you be willing to go to keep the lie on which your whole life is based?
  • Red State Interesting portrait of what could be not too far from the reality in some dark corners of USA. A sect of Christian fundamentalists hunt gays and "perverts" to death. The police take action, but far from sorting out the mess they behave like wild soulless bastards and screw up the whole thing even more. A must see.
  • And Soon the Darkness Apart from the 2 cuties starring, the film is pretty good and kept me sat in front of my laptop from the first to the last minute. One more look at how some human shits make a living off destroying others. Trust no one, be always alert.
  • Shuttle This film shares some similarities with the aforementioned one. Some shitheads trying to take advantage of some cute ladies. Pretty intense, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment