Sunday 29 April 2012

Hooked on Deutscher Rap

I knew almost nothing about German rap until a few days ago (my knowledge was just limited to having heard that there are some rather good GermanTurkish MCs). The thing is that almost by chance (you know, you're watching some other stuff on youtube and end up clicking on one of the related videos on the right...) I've came across a good bunch of pretty interesting German rap acts. Let me advise you that unfortunately I don't speak German, so I can't understand the lyrics and I base my assumptions about their lyrics on the visuals and some other articles I've found (most of them also in German, so read through google translate...)
There are some excellent Left wing artists, like Boycott, Holger Burner and Albino (Animal rights lyrics)
Then I came across this Serbian-German MC, Toni der Assi (the associal). Even now, 20 years after the Yugoslav armageddon started, the general opinion seems biased by the media propaganda of those (and present) times. Western Media depicted Serbs as the only ones to blame for the disaster in the Balkans... I believed that partial view for many years, but I no longer buy it. Reality is much more complex than the 5 minutes analysis portraited by those few mass media that we even dare to consider objective, all sides in the Balkans got their hands deep in blood, there were monsters on every side, and above all, the ultimate responsible for the disaster were outside the Yugoslav borders (NWO...). Well, I'm digressing again, don't plan to do a history post here...

The thing is that I find very inspiring the attempts of this Balkan guy to try to get over the hatred and distrust between these communities, probably using their shared suffering and trying to focus on the victims and not the guilties (there were both of these in all the ethnic groups)
It's also interesting, cause I'd never really thought before about the conflicts that immigrants from the old Yugoslavia could have among them in their new countries. I remember having seen in Viena a pub called Sarajevo and another one called Beograd, but at the moment didn't think what would happen if the customers of both pubs met in the street, what sort of feelings they would feel for "the others", those that in a matter of a few months had gone from being their comrades to being their sword enemies...

On the flip side, I find terribly disgusting these videos by Albanian gangs:

Well, as I can't understand their lyrics, maybe I'm confused and they talk about profound phylosophical matters, reconciliation and integration... but I would bet that's not the case... I think this "maphia and proud" attitude makes them little favor, but well, there are groups that base their lives and identity in the alleged discrimination and hatred from the others, so if they need to prompt that hatred, so be it...

On a similar note, it's sad to see that in the last years there's been an emergence of Nazi Rap (NS Rap) projects. They share the same "us against you", "us against the differents", "we're victims turned into tough guys" attitude as the above... It sounds hilarious to see these "aryan guys" playin "niggers music", but in this time where our whole civilization seems to crumble... nothing should surprise us anymore...
I'm not going to put links to that crap here, so if you're feeling curious, search it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment